In 1957, National Heat & Power Corp. was founded by Mr. Harold Hurvitz. Established on Milwaukee Ave, National began its long history serving the Chicago area. Under the strong leadership of Mr. Hurvitz and his first colleague, Mr. Jerry Lebow, the two established National’s roots in the industrial and commercial mechanical contracting markets. A substantial client base was formed by hospitals and institutions, fortune 500 companies, commercial properties, industrial facilities, leading area design professionals representing architects and consulting engineers and general contractors.
Over the next several decades, many acquisitions within National further propelled the growth of the organization. National became a full service plumbing contractor after the acquisition of Goodman Plumbing (est. 1921) along with further enhancing the HVAC / Mechanical services with the acquisition of Reliable Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Corp. (est. 1936) that became known as NHP Service. These companies added desirous capabilities and prestigious clients to National’s portfolio.
In 2016, the three companies NHP Service Company and Goodman Plumbing & Heating Co. and National Heat & Power Corp. were consolidated into one company, National Heat & Power Corp., “National” under the leadership of Principals Mr. Brad Borchers and Mr. Michael Montemayor. Brad and Michael joined the three generations of the Hurvitz family at National in 1998 and after 17 years have begun leading the company’s next generation of success.
Throughout its history, which extends decades in the industry, National has always and continues to distinguish itself with trust, quality and dependability beyond the expectations of its suppliers and customers.